It is an unprecedented time of challenge for the gig economy, as the world slows down to combat the global outbreak. In view of this, The Financial Innovation Lab (FinLab) has partnered with Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM), Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC), MetLife Foundation, i3 Programme, and UNCDF, launching the Gig Economy Challenge.
Open to companies registered within the 21 APEC member economies, the challenge seeks to find viable solutions for improving the financial health of gig workers. Applicants will have to have at least a minimum viable product that addresses the problem statement on the challenge's website.
Support & Benefits
The top three (3) teams will receive:
- Technical assistance worth $100,000 to pilot the solution
- Up to $30,000 grant per team as seed capital
- The opportunity to pilot the solution in Malaysia
- Access to enabling partnerships, including financial institutions, technology companies and other infrastructure providers
The top ten (10) teams will receive:
- Invitation to bootcamps and field visits in Malaysia
- Mentoring sessions
- Living stipend in Malaysia
Applications will close on 11 May 2020.
To apply or find out more about the challenge, head over to: https://www.uncdf.org/article/5438/gig-economy-challenge